Sunday, April 25, 2010

sunday

Did a fair amount of cooking today, took care of some gift purchases and donations, talked briefly with the folks, watched Pi,"π", a pretty disturbing flick, found out that my computer's DVD player and whatever video card I have are not sufficient to the task of playing the "netflix" DVDs I am once again getting in the mail. So, the big question is: do I need a new computer, do I need an upgrade or do I simply continue to stream netflix and play the DVDs on the player connected to the TV? I don't so much want to be spending any big amounts of currency, but this old pc is getting on in years, my guess is that it's over eight years old now, although I did some minor upgrading about two years ago and I've been dragging my feet about getting a laptop. Hmmm. Things to ponder and the longer I stay in ponder mode the longer I refrain from spending any cash. Or really, the longer before I transfer digital signals that will have a negative impact on my digital balances.

No comments:

Post a Comment